Instagram

The Perfect Miss 4ever

by Telemundo

Join Us

Follow Us

Archivo del blog

NEW SITE!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
12 dic 2011

MELINDA BAM: Miss SA’s not just a pretty face

http://ubuhle.com/photos/melinda-bam-89e0b.jpg
‘I don’t need time to map my year forward, I will just jump in and swim…” These were the words of Pretoria beauty Melinda Bam after she snatched the Miss South Africa title in style last night. She beat 11 other contestants to clinch the position of fairest girl in the land at the Sun City Superbowl in the North West province.


Gushing with excitement and promising to do her best to execute her duties during the year of her reign, the 22-year-old BCom student said: “I am aware that the 365 days of the year are too short, there is just so much to do.”


Bam said she had been waiting for the moment for a long time.


“From 2009, I’ve been gearing myself for this moment… and the past six months have prepared me for this.”


Bam said the six months, during which a reality show was aired and during which the judges criticised them, had given her a chance to perfect her act. “I was able to consult and work on my flaws,” she said.


She will also complete her honours and masters in marketing.


Her passions, she said, included working with abused women and children. “These issues are very close to my heart. Women need to understand that they are valuable members of society.


“I also want to work on illiteracy in our communities and contribute towards building libraries and schools.”


The beauty will be expected to attend the Miss World and Miss Universe pageants. “


I now look forward to meeting the expectations of people who will meet me and expect the best of me,” she said


She had a lot of support from family and friends during the contest.


Said one of the judges, Sonia Booth: “It is never easy, choosing the girl to represent the country.”


A model herself, Booth said the scorecard by the six different judges represented the expectations of the country.


“Yes we have our individual favourites, but our collective decisions give the best competitor what’s due to them.”


Bam, she said, had been the strongest contender.


The contestants, aged between 21 and 25, took turns to show their beauty off in different outfits, and answered questions, posed by members of the public via the social networks.


Judges for the night were Sonia Raciti-Oshry, Paledi Segapo, Booth, Gert-Johan Coetzee, Kieno Kammies and Joan Ramagoshi.


Other categories that were up for grabs included Miss Congeniality which was won by Thuli Sangweni and Miss Veet Sexy Legs which was taken by 25-year-old Pretoria teacher Frieda du Plessis. - Pretoria News 

Fuente: iol.co.za

0 comentarios: