Instagram

The Perfect Miss 4ever

by Telemundo

Join Us

Follow Us

Archivo del blog

NEW SITE!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
20 sept 2011

Miss World Ireland 2010, Emma Waldron is off to the bright lights of LA for acting career


FORMER Miss Ireland Emma Waldron has revealed she's set to move to LA when she finishes college in a bid to launch her presenting career.


The Cellbridge beauty recently ended her reign as Miss Ireland and hit the books to finish her degree in primary school teaching.


She told the Diary that once her year is up at St Patrick's College, Dublin, she's heading to the bright lights of Hollywood to try to launch a career in acting and presenting.


"I'd love to go to LA. I have a friend who is a director over there, he's one of the best directors I've seen. He did the Hills video with Samantha Mumba.


"It would be great to pop over and hopefully he can help open some doors for me. I'll probably go off to LA next May but we'll see what happens," she said.


Emma's latest career move may have been inspired by her upcoming stint on Republic Of Telly. As well as hiring Georgia Salpa for a special episode, the RTE show has just wrapped up a sketch with Emma.


The model says learning lines revived her love of acting.


"We were filming all day yesterday. It was so much fun. I got the script last Friday and I was just roaring laughing at it. It's very much a tongue in cheek piece and I'm poking fun at myself a bit.


"It's good to be able to laugh at these things," she said.


Although Emma (22) has swapped the catwalk for the classroom right now, the beauty queen says she wants to continue to juggle a life in the limelight with her studies.


"I have a fashion show this weekend and I have a few other things planned but obviously most of my attention needs to be focused on college.


"I'm pretty good at juggling everything. Rosanna Davison does the same, she just finished a Masters degree," she said.


Despite burying her head in the books, Emma says she's hoping to make an appearance at this year's Miss World contest, where Holly Carpenter will represent Ireland.


"I've been invited to hand over the Miss Europe title but I don't know what things are going to be like with college at that time," she said.


Fuente: Herald.ie

0 comentarios: